Menlo Park, California, USA – December 5, 2012. Pacific Media Associates (PMA), the global market information experts on the projector category announces that their 2012 North American Projector Industry Reseller Survey will close on December 14.
The latest in a series of biennial Web-based surveys, this is the 15th year that PMA has conducted the Reseller Survey, which has long been considered the authoritative source for identifying trends in the projector industry. Nearly 2700 Pro AV Dealers, Systems Integrators, Retailers, and Web-based resellers of projectors and related accessories have been invited to participate. The survey is still in the field, but initial responses indicate this might be the biggest and best projector industry survey yet.
Survey topics include both tried-and-true basic questions about current and future business expectations, and new ones focused on potentially important emerging trends. Here are a few examples of the topics being explored in this year’s reseller survey:
- Current and future year numbers of units sold by buyer/organizational purchasing types, applications, and brightness ranges
- Projector applications and use cases for professional and consumer projector users
- Future demand for 4K vs. 1080p projectors
- Sales mix of interactive products to education vs. corporate markets
- Ratings of importance of projector features such as 3D, SSI (solid-state illumination), short-throw capabilities, and wired/wireless networking options
- Street price premiums for features
- Emerging trends such as projector use with iPads/tablets and iPhones/smartphones
- The potential impacts of flat panel display sales on the projector market
- Measuring the change in sourcing between distribution and direct
- Manufacturer Ratings of sales support, products, and after-sale support
- Important aspects of the distributor-dealer relationship
- Distributor Ratings of sales support, products, and after-sale support
“Our biennial reseller survey is the most widely respected survey in the projector industry” says PMA VP Linda Norton. “Not only do the projector manufacturers rely heavily on the emerging trends data it yields, they use the feedback the dealers provide PMA to fine tune their product offering and support efforts. She goes on to say “that with the return of the distributor rankings section this year, the distribution channel members will have the same opportunity.”
PMA is the only source of such comprehensive data/video projector channel data. The insights and data gleaned from the survey by the PMA team of experts will allow them to strengthen their understanding of the market and to help guide their forecasts. Subscribers to PMA’s Front Projector Industry Service family of publications will receive a complete copy of these survey results, as will the survey participants.
About Pacific Media Associates
Pacific Media Associates specializes in worldwide front projector market information, including New Era (sub-1000 lumens), Mainstream (1000-3999 lumens), and High-End (4000+ lumens) categories. Their Industry Service family of publications provides detailed worldwide quarterly updates (sell-in data and forecasts) on front projector markets, blogs/alerts/newsletters on new products and other key industry developments, and biennial Web surveys of North American dealers and end users (including organizations and individual consumers). Their Tracking Service family of monthly reports offers timely sell-through data and analysis on unit sales, true volume-weighted street prices, and inventories of front projectors sold by leading North American retailers, resellers, and distributors. Pacific Media Associates was established by Dr. William Coggshall, who was a co-founder of Dataquest (now part of Gartner) and helped start the syndicated high-tech market information business. The company headquarters is at 1060 Siskiyou Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025 Telephone +1 650-561-9020 www.pacificmediaassociates.com