NECDisplay Solutions of America has announced two new models to its PA Series projectors, the PA672W and PA722X which are geared towards for corporate, higher education and museum installation applications.
They range in brightness from 6,700 to 7,200 lumens and come in WXGA and XGA native resolutions. The PA672W and PA722X can also be placed in portrait mode projection – or tilt-free mode to project the image toward a floor or ceiling without a mirror. The PA Series models also offer stacking capability, which allows up to four projectors to be stacked vertically or horizontally, yielding an image brightness up to 28,800 lumens. The new PA series projectors have up to 4,000 hours of lamp and filter life.
Other features include:
- Built-in HDBaseT support
- HDMI with HDCP, DisplayPort, VGA and 5BNC connectivity
- Screen splitter (Multi Display) via Daisy Chain
- Complete line of six bayonet-style lenses
- 3D Reform™, which squares the image by adjusting horizontally, vertically or diagonally when the projector is placed at an off-set angle
- Cornerstone correction, which helps display the image properly when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen
- Geometric correction, which allows the projector to display square-looking images on cylindrical, spherical or cornered screens
- Mechanical horizontal and vertical lens shift
- Edge blending technology tors
- DICOM Simulation
- Email notices to the system administrator when lamps approach EOL
The PA672W and PA722X projectors will begin shipping this month with MSRP’s of $4,449 and $4,599 , respectively.
Recent findings from PMA Research show that the high-end segment continues to outpace the overall projector market in terms of growth. These installation units from NEC should fit the bill for many high-end applications.