NEC Display Solutions of America has announced two new blue laser phosphor models to its PX Series integration projector portfolio. The high-brightness laser projectors offer 20,000 hours of life with laser technology and are geared towards the professional installation market.
The 6,000-lumen PX602WL (WXGA resolution) and 6,000-lumen PX602UL (WUXGA resolution) projectors are single chip DLP models, and include an OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) option slot, the first industry-wide standard designed to simplify installation, use and maintenance while offering input flexibility for HD/SD-SDI and OPS accessory cards. In addition, HDMI out and TileMatrix enables 4Kx2K resolutions using four PX Series projectors via an external distribution amplifier, eliminating the need for external processing sources.
Other features include:
- Multi-display support with Picture by Picture/Picture Out Picture allow for multiple source content delivery
- Native resolution of 1280×800 (PX602WL) and 1920×1200 (PX602UL) with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Power zoom and focus for ease of installation
- Connectivity options include Singe HDMI, DisplayPort and HDBaseT inputs
- Edge blending technology with multiple projector stacking capabilities (up to four projectors can be stacked vertically or horizontally) to boost image brightness
Recent findings from PMA Research show that the market for installation projectors is growing and that integrators are interested in models using the latest technology like laser light sources and HDBaseT connectivity.