At the recent DSE Expo, 3M unveiled its new line of Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Multi-Touch Displays that incorporates the company’s proprietary ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor design. When paired with 3M Multi-Touch Controller PX5000, this touch system has the speed and responsiveness essential for today’s digital signage applications requiring touch capabilities.
The new, ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor technology will be available on the company’s display products, ranging from 32- to 65-inches. This new design helps in maintaining high image quality and multi-touch responsiveness, and minimizing many known problems in other metal mesh PCAP systems, such as moiré and sparkle. The displays are durable enough for harsh commercial environments and 24/7 public use.
The new 3M Multi-Touch PCAP Displays also boast several other notable features including:
- Multi-touch functionality that supports up to 80 simultaneous touch points
- Optical clarity, regardless of viewing angle
- All-glass front surface featuring a bezel-free edge
- Strengthened sensor glass to withstand public environments and harsh conditions
- Display orientation options, including landscape, portrait, tabletop and various tilt angles
- An easy-to-clean surface that provides operation unaffected by surface scratches
- An anti-glare surface for table-top applications or strong ambient lighting environments
- Operating systems compatibility with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Linux and Mac OS
- New 3M PCAP Multi-Touch Displays with Ultrafine Metal Mesh Design will be available for purchase in May 2016.
Touch-enabled displays, though still a very small percentage of the total volume (<2%), grew 78% year-over-year from February 2015 to February 2016. Analyst firm PMA Research follows industry trends for the Professional Flat Panel Display market.